Re: [O] passing the contents of a block as an escaped string

From: Charles Berry
Subject: Re: [O] passing the contents of a block as an escaped string
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 16:37:23 +0000 (UTC)

Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt <at> polytechnique.org> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to write some filters from Pygments, and to record what I'm
> doing and make my life simpler, I'm doing it in an orgmode buffer. In
> that buffer, I have the code I want to highlight in a source block, and
> the python code for the Pygments extension in another block. I'm trying
> to find out how to pass the escaped code from the source to highlight to
> the python buffer.
>
> I tried using noweb, but the expansion is verbatim and python complains
> about the line breaks. So I'm wondering if there is a way to:
> - pass a source block as an escaped string to another source block, or
> - save a source block to a temporary file, and pass the file name to
> a second source block.

defun a function that formats your src block, then use it in a header

  :var x=(foo "src-block-name")

or maybe wrap (foo ...) in a `format' call or `prin1-to-string' call.

An example is below.

===

Another alternative is to use this idiom (see 14.10 Noweb reference syntax)

   <<code-block-name(optional arguments)>>

where the code-block-name specifies a formatter (in elisp, say) and
the optional argument is the name of the code block you want to format.

HTH,

Chuck

,----

`----