Re: [O] [ANN] ox-extras

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] ox-extras
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 10:29:23 -1000

Aloha all,

> Hello,
>
> Aaron Ecay <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> you will be able to use blocks of the following form:
>>
>> #+header: :header yes
>> #+begin_latex
>>   \foo{}
>>   \bar{}
>> #+end_latex
>>
>> These will be transformed so that the begin/end wrapper is removed and
>> each line is prepended with #+latex_header: on export.  They can be
>> edited as latex code with the usual org-edit-special function (C-c ').
>
> Actually that's rather different than the suggestion in this thread,
> which was to introduce a new type of block.
>
> This could be implemented in core, but it should use #+attr_latex
> instead of #+header since this is latex related.

+1.

My use case is the one Ken mentioned earlier--customizing biblatex with
Org mode header lines.  I do this by googling and then experimenting
with the code chunks I discover (I don't want to be a biblatex
programmer).  I format the code chunks now with a keyboard macro, which
works but is more complex than I like.  A construct like the one Aaron
has implemented is handy in this situation.

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye