Re: [O] BEGIN_LATEX_HEADER [cont]

From: Aaron Ecay
Subject: Re: [O] BEGIN_LATEX_HEADER [cont]
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 19:48:32 -0400

Hi Ken,

2014ko ekainak 19an, Ken Mankoff-ek idatzi zuen:

> Hi,
>
> I'm following up on a thread suggesting a method to easily include
> large
> amounts of LaTeX header material. See
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2013-03/msg00480.html
>
> Please consider this a +1 for that feature request.
>
> One suggestion was:
>> You could have a LaTeX block and tangle it to preamble.tex and
>> input
>> preamble.tex in a LATEX_HEADER.
>
> Which seems like an OK work-around.
>
> I have two follow-up questions about this.
>
> 1) I can't seem to get
>
> #+BEGIN_LATEX :tangle preamble.tex
>
> to work. It needs to be
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC latex :tangle preamble.tex

Correct.  The former is only for export, and doesn’t work with babel
features (incl. tangling)

> Is this correct?
>
> Secondly, is there a way to automatically tangle one just this
> section
> each time I export the file? Or automatically all sections (but
> just in
> this file)?

Something like (untested):

,----
| #+begin_src emacs-lisp
|   (org-babel-goto-named-src-block "preamble")
|   (org-babel-tangle)
| #+end_src
|
| #+name: preamble
| #+begin_src latex :tangle preamble.tex
|   % code goes here
| #+end_src
`----

You’ll need to use some combination of “:exports none” or a headline
tagged :noexport: to avoid these src blocks showing up in the exported
output.

HTH,

--
Aaron Ecay