Re: [O] Loss of Fontification partway through file

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] Loss of Fontification partway through file
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 12:39:04 +0200

Jacob Gerlach <address@hidden> writes:

>     The MWE (with native fontification -> t) looks ok for me,
>
> Thanks for taking time to check this. I should note that if I find a
> new file (test.org) and yank the MWE, it is fontified correctly, but
> if I save and kill the buffer and then find the file again, that is
> when the problem occurs. In general, if I make a change that brings
> back the fontification, it doesn't disappear again until freshly
> finding the file.

I did this too (save and kill the buffer and then find the file again),
again no issues, and even the issue described below disappeared ;)

What you describe reminds me a bit of fontification issues with
outshine.el, only that its just the opposite. When I find a file with
e.g  .el extension (having stored `outline-minor-mode' in the major-mode
hook, and `outshine-hook-function' in the outline-minor-mode hook), the
buffer is fontified correctly right away.

But when I write some (outshine-style structured) content in a temp
buffer in e.g. fundamental-mode, and then call `emacs-lisp-mode' on that
buffer, the org-mode like headline-fontification is not there
immediately, I first have to do something (visibility cycling, add a
char or so...), then the 1st level headers turn blue ...

>     the only
>     fontification issue I see (and not only in your MWE) is that
>     headline
>

>     ,----
>     | * Heading with some add-to-list's (some commented)
>
>     `----
>
>     looses its font due to the "list" in it -> '(some commented)'.
>     I see that often in my Org files - as soon as I type parens in a
>     headline it turn white.
>
> I do not observe the same. Since it is outside of an emacs-lisp source
> block, why would it be interpreted as a "list"?

no idea, but this 'unfontification' of headline with '(...)' in them
happens quite frequently for me.

--
cheers,
Thorsten