Re: [O] Section of Org manual on images in latex export

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Section of Org manual on images in latex export
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 00:20:12 +0200

Hello,

Christopher Witte <address@hidden> writes:

> After quite a bit of mucking around and finally resorting to checking the
> source code, I worked out how to wrap an image in a figure environment
> without a caption.  The final solution
>
> #+ATTR_LATEX: :float figure

Actually, it is

  #+ATTR_LATEX: :float t

> was trivial, but the manual wasn't too helpful on this particular
> subject.

According to the manual, the first described value for :float is:

     − ‘t’: if you want to use the standard ‘figure’ environment.  It is
       used by default if you provide a caption to the image.

> "You can also ask Org to export an image as a float without specifying
> caption by setting the :float attribute."
>
> should be change to:
>
> "You can also ask Org to export an image as a float without specifying a
> caption by setting the :float attribute *to figure*."

That's not quite true. It can be anything but nil, depending on what you
want (e.g., :float wrap).

> Also a summary of the the attributes and their valid values, as is done for
> Latex tables would be useful.

Patches welcome.

Regards,

--