Re: [O] org-table: missing vertical boundary when exported

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] org-table: missing vertical boundary when exported
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 10:34:59 -0500

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 8:23 AM, Rick Frankel <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 2014-06-07 17:15, Shiyuan wrote:
>>
>>     I am following the manual
>> example http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/tables.html [1]. But the
>> two vertical boundary line on the very left and right
>> is not showing up when exported to html.  Anything I am missing? Thanks.
>

> My guess is that it is related to the css being used to style the table
> in your setup.

Agreed. I just used `emacs -Q` with this minimal config:

(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.elisp/org.git/contrib/lisp/")
(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.elisp/org.git/lisp/")

Exporting the following simple table yields no vertical lines at all,
just two horizontal lines at the top and bottom of the table:

* test

|   |   |   |
| A | B | C |
| 1 | 2 | 3 |
| a | b | c |

If I use something like the old Worg css sheet, however, I get a box
around the table:

#+html_head: <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
href="http://tinyurl.com/77t76qa"; />

So, I believe it's related to the css. There's an entry in the Worg css like so:

  table {
    border: none;
  }

So I'm guessing that can be changed (there's entries for td and th as
well, which seem relevant). Now that I actually look at it, I don't
know why the table has a box around it since all the borders say
"none"... but I'm not a css guy :)

John