Re: [O] Repeat work / week days

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Repeat work / week days
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2014 18:56:15 +0200

address@hidden (Jorge A. Alfaro-Murillo) writes:

> I guess if you do not plan to do start working on the task you should
> not put the SCHEDULED and just a simple timestamp. But if you plan to
> work on a task every day of the week, why shouldn't you be able to do it
> this way?

Because Org doesn't allow it. Anyway, it doesn't make sense to use
SCHEDULED here: "scheduled" has a special meaning in Org. You don't
_start_ working on a task every day. You could use plain timestamps.

> It does work, btw.

Then, beware, it is a bug and it might be fixed one day.

> Is it because it can conflict with changing TODO states?

It is probably because you don't need it. Syntax wise, SCHEDULED,
DEADLINE and CLOSED can only appear once, on the line right after the
related headline.

> Also related, if you want it to repeat in your agenda only for a certain
> period, look at org-class. For example, while I was a student I had used
> things like
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
> %%(org-class 2013 1 7 2013 4 27 2) 12:00pm-01:15pm The name of the class
> %%(org-class 2013 1 7 2013 4 27 4) 12:00pm-01:15pm The name of the class
> #+END_SRC
>
> for classes that were Tuesday and Thursday. It was also under a single
> headline. Is this, or several simple timestamps under a single headline
> also bad syntax?

There is no limitation to the number of plain timestamps under a headline.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou