Re: [O] org-contacts email completion by tags

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] org-contacts email completion by tags
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2014 21:39:35 -0400

Here is what I finally ended up with to allow completion with tag
expressions. I did not figure out how to avoid overwriting an
org-contacts function. I thought I could find the right hooks to use,
but I could not figure it out. It is only a one line modification to the
org-contacts function. This works for tag expressions, but I have not
gotten it to work with properties.

(defun org-contacts-complete-tags (start end tag-expression)
  "insert emails from org-contacts that match the tags expression. For example:
group-phd will match entries tagged with group but not with phd."
  (let* ((completion-ignore-case org-contacts-completion-ignore-case)
         (group-completion-p t))
    (let ((result (mapconcat 'identity
                     (loop for contact in (org-contacts-db)
                           for contact-name = (car contact)
                           for email = (org-contacts-strip-link (car
(org-contacts-split-property
                                                                      (or
                                                                       (cdr
(assoc-string org-contacts-email-property

          (caddr contact)))
                                                                       ""))))
                           for tags = (cdr (assoc "TAGS" (nth 2 contact)))
                           for tags-list = (if tags
                                               (split-string (substring (cdr
(assoc "TAGS" (nth 2 contact))) 1 -1) ":")
                                             '())
                           if (let ((todo-only nil))
                                (eval (cdr (org-make-tags-matcher
tag-expression))))

                           collect (org-contacts-format-email contact-name
email))
                     ",")))
      (when (not (string= "" result))
        ;; return (start end function)
        (lexical-let* ((to-return result))
          (list start end
                (lambda (string pred &optional to-ignore) to-return)))))))

this is the function I overwrote in my init files:

(defun org-contacts-message-complete-function (&optional start)
  "Function used in `completion-at-point-functions' in `message-mode'."
  ;; Avoid to complete in `post-command-hook'.
  (when completion-in-region-mode
    (remove-hook 'post-command-hook #'completion-in-region--postch))
  (let ((mail-abbrev-mode-regexp

"^\\(Resent-To\\|To\\|B?Cc\\|Reply-To\\|From\\|Mail-Followup-To\\|Mail-Copies-To\\|Disposition-Notification-To\\|Return-Receipt-To\\):"))
    (when (mail-abbrev-in-expansion-header-p)
      (lexical-let*
          ((end (point))
           (start (or start
                      (save-excursion
                        (re-search-backward "\\(\\`\\|[\n:,]\\)[ \t]*")
                        (goto-char (match-end 0))
                        (point))))
           (string (buffer-substring start end)))
        (or
         ;; I added the next line
         (org-contacts-complete-tags start end string)
         (org-contacts-complete-group start end string)
         (org-contacts-complete-name start end string))))))

--
John Kitchin