Re: [O] inline images outside org

From: Christoph
Subject: Re: [O] inline images outside org
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 11:00:26 +0000 (UTC)

Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Christoph Held GMX <christoph-13 <at> gmx.net> writes:
>
> > How do I check the syntax of the underlying link of which I currently
> > only see the pretty face? So far I have used Emacs really only to run
> > org mode. This is probably where it shows that without the training
> > wheels it is still a bumpy ride for me.
>
> you could e.g. either set the buffer in text mode
>
> ,---------------------
> | M-x fundamental-mode
> `---------------------
>
> or do
>
> ,--------
> | C-c C-l
> `--------
>
> on the link again to see/find-out-about its real content.
>
> But
>
> ,----------------------------
> | M-x org-toggle-link-display
>
> does exactly what you want ...

Perhaps you missed that I was asking for checking the underlying syntax
of inline images *outside* org mode. If you just install railwaycat's Emacs,
the buffer that greets you first has an inline image, in fundamental mode.
Your solutions all work well inside org mode but not outside, which was
 the subject of my question.

Any ideas?
Christoph