Re: [O] Remove the build-in orgmode

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] Remove the build-in orgmode
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2014 09:26:34 +0200

Shiyuan <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
> I updated Org-mode from ELPA. If I start emacs normally, M-x
> org-version does show the new version(8.2.6). But if I start emacs
> with -Q, emacs will still run the built-in version(7.9.3). This is not
> convenient for debugging purpose. Is there anyway to remove the
> built-in version 7.9.3 completely so that even if I start emacs with -
> Q, emacs still use the new version 8.2.6 from ELPA. Thanks.

(On Archlinux) I simply trash the Org dir shipped with Emacs and put a
symlink to my git-version of Org-mode there. I was told I shouldn't do
that, but since I had many problems with mixed installs before, and no
problems at all after doing so, I stick with this apparently 'bad
habit'.

--
cheers,
Thorsten