[O] latex markup in org?

From: Steven Arntson
Subject: [O] latex markup in org?
Date: Sat, 31 May 2014 23:57:12 -0700

I've been learning to export from org to latex (to pdf), and have had
great success. There's a simplification to the process I'd like to make,
though, if it's possible.

Right now I use files: file.org and filestyle.sty. The .sty gives
the latex-specific instruction, and I point to it from file.org with a
line of #+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{filestyle}. This works great, but
I'd love to have just one file, not two, to keep things simple.

So I tried putting the contents of filestyle.sty near the top of file.org
inside of #+BEGIN_latex and #+END_latex, but it doesn't quite work. It
incompletely works, which is perplexing...

I'd appreciate any ideas about this--can it be done?

Thank you!
Steven