Re: [O] [RFC] Org Minor Mode?

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Org Minor Mode?
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 15:41:07 +0200

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Bastien,

> Thorsten Jolitz <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> One problem is that more and more Org functions seems to get redefined
>> in terms of the new parser functionality, and obviously then can't be
>> used anymore outside org-mode.
>
> That's not a problem if we follow the path I suggest: since the
> tempoary buffer we operate in will be in org-mode at some point, the
> parser will work there.

I'm still not sure if this path isn't just the outorg path: copy a
subtree or a whole buffer into a temp-buffer, uncomment the comment
sections, enclose the source-code in source-blocks, and put the buffer
in Org-mode - only that the tmp buffer in this case is not for user
editing but for program execution.

What will be copied to the temp-buffer? Only the comment-section at
point? The subtree at point? The (outcommented) element at point? Won't
some Org functions fail without the subtree/buffer context? What if text
is inserted as side-effect? E.g state change logs when going from TODO
to done, or even footnotes?

--
cheers,
Thorsten