Re: [O] move org line to next superior level

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] move org line to next superior level
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 20:03:32 +0200

Uwe Ziegenhagen <address@hidden> writes:

> Eric Abrahamsen <eric <at> ericabrahamsen.net> writes:
>>
>> Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz <at> gmail.com> writes:
>>

>> > Isn't it a feature of Org-mode that tasks can be added anywhere without
>> > giving a thought in the agenda files, letting the agenda itself sort
>> > them by date? Just changing the timestamp from monday to tuesday would
>> > do the job in a normal workflow, making the agenda-file structuring by
>> > day redundant.
>
> The way that I currently use Org Mode is the following
>
> On level 1 I have all the weeks, on level 2 the tasks
>
> * 2014-05-26--2014-06-01
> ** TODO [#C] Python Test
>
> I know org mode offers way more functionalities, but right now I am
> exploring the basics.

But basic idiomatic use would be a simple

,-----------------------------------------
| * TODO [#C] Python Test <2014-05-29 Do>
`-----------------------------------------

or maybe using a period with 2 timestamps

 ,---------------------------------
 | <2014-05-29 Do>--<2014-05-30 Fr>

or SCHEDULED or DEADLINE planning elements. You can even use repeaters
etc then.

Your system uses time info for file structuring, but Org has timestamps
for time info and the agenda for dealing with time and organizing
entries.

--
cheers,
Thorsten