Re: [O] [bug] aorg-agenda effort filter

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] [bug] aorg-agenda effort filter
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 22:48:37 +0200

Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:

> http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/standards.html#index-left-quote
>
> The actual change to the document was made even earlier than I
> remembered:
>
> 2011-12-31  Paul Eggert  <address@hidden>
>
>       * standards.texi (Quote Characters): change to recommending
>       undirected quotes, '...' or "...".

This is about the quote character as an output, not as used in Emacs
change logs.

>>> and EMACS is slowly following suit.
>>
>> Where do you see that Emacs is slowly following suit?
>
> There was a lengthy discussion around the latest version of makeinfo
> producing the new quoting style by default just recently and it has
> flared up before.  My takeaway from that was that EMACS would go with
> that change in coding style over time.

No, the convention is still to use ` for variables in change logs.
This is the same as using `variable' in Emacs lisp buffers (see line
343 of current trunk in lisp-mode.el, where `font-lock-constant-face'
is used for highlighting variables.)

--
 Bastien