Re: [O] [bug?][ox-beamer] hyperref crashes when options are specified

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [bug?][ox-beamer] hyperref crashes when options are specified
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 19:33:10 +0200

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> Customizing an Org package alist, Org inserts code that is invalid in
> a Beamer context.

Code generated is valid and conform to expectations, but, unfortunately,
incompatible with "beamer" class.

>> You could define an appropriate class for `beamer' back-end instead.
>
> Org-latex-classes gives me access to [NO-DEFAULT-PACKAGES].  Not
> removing a single element from it as far as I understand.  Or am i
> mistaken?

You probably shouldn't add this package to default header in the first
place. `org-latex-packages-alist' is a better place.

Anyway, yes, you need to remove all packages/default-packages first in
your dedicated "beamer" class.

> IMO, a wrapper around the header like org-latex-guess-babel-language
> would be better, but I don't have strong opinions on this.

Again, we shouldn't try to start fixing incompatibilities between
packages and classes, or between packages in Org. Your configuration is
broken, not Org.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou