Re: [O] New worg page: Publishing beamer slideshows and articles from on

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] New worg page: Publishing beamer slideshows and articles from one source
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 15:15:16 +0200

Hi Rasmus, Bastien,

On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 05:56:38PM +0200, Rasmus wrote:

> I have attached a quick patch with a text that I think is more
> accurate and that tries to explain the issue.  I think the tone may be
> too "academic"/dry.
>
> Since Suvayu put the initial effort into the answer I will wait for
> his approval before submitting it.

Sorry I was a bit sloppy.  The origin of the hack is from LaTeX export.
I did not test it extensively for other backends.  Now I realise why it
worked for me; I always export with no toc for html and ascii.  and
LaTeX takes care of toc.

Your patch looks good, however I think the language is indeed too
academic and could be simplified and made more accesible.  It is Worg
after all :).

> >> To deal with the tricky part you need an additional filter.  Or you
> >> need a filter on the final output and you'd probably need to make some
> >> accounting of what's present and what is not so that you can update
> >> counters and TOCs.
> >
> > That's why I say it's tricky.
> >
> > Let's keep this constructive and move forward -- maybe that was not
> > your intention, but the tone of your first email was a bit harsh.
> > I'm sure Suvayu is open to suggestions on how to improve the filter.
>
> That was not the intention.  For that I appoligize.

In fact, I'm always of the opinion, if the change is minor, or corrects
a mistake, or simplifies things, just go ahead with it.  It is a
community resource!

I won't have time to work on this any time soon (now I'm at a workshop,
review deadline next week, holiday the week after).

Cheers,

--
Suvayu