Re: [O] Advice needed: Cant find a decent way to autosync my work TODO o

From: Josh Berry
Subject: Re: [O] Advice needed: Cant find a decent way to autosync my work TODO org file between laptop and work pc
Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 08:13:57 -0400

On Sat, May 24, 2014 at 1:11 AM, Xebar Saram <address@hidden> wrote:
 need to sync my main work TODO org file between my work PC and laptop i carry around on work related trips and when im at home. i have tried several methods buy really none of them work.

i mainly used git over the last 6 months but that forces me to pull/commit/push manually each time i add something to either machine and that is really annoying. plus i get merge conflicts all the time

I can't really help for the other items too easily, but have you tried *not* syncing edits between a single files?  This would at least stop the merge conflicts.

That is, if you had two sets of all of your .org files, one under "desktop/" and the other under "laptop/", then you could setup a basic hook in git that pushes/pulls on every change.  I believe org is good with the refile commands that moving between the flies shouldn't be that much of a burden, if you do that often.  Otherwise, things definitely work well for agenda mode and such.

-josh