Re: [O] org-agenda List Items with Priority A

From: Brady Trainor
Subject: Re: [O] org-agenda List Items with Priority A
Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 15:37:47 -0700

(my first `follow-up' from GNUS)

I am trying to reduce the amount of custom-commands I use, so that my
use of org-mode can evolve to be more adaptive and take more advantage
of defaults.

The functions below are for DONE items, but I'm sure you could tweak
them to apply to priority.

They allow you to use the hotkeys in agenda-view, via the `org-defkey'
function (which is why I have to "require 'org-agenda").

With M-=, I get the result of `C-u =' with fewer keystrokes, at which
point I can type DONE for quick removal. You could probably try `= #a'
for quick filtering. (The `=' hotkey already exists in your default
agenda-view.)

With C-=, I toggle whether DONE items appear quickly (the second source
block below).

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(require 'org-agenda)
(defun org-agenda-filter-by-regexp-inverse ()
  (interactive)
  (org-agenda-filter-by-regexp '(4)))
(org-defkey org-agenda-mode-map "\M-=" 'org-agenda-filter-by-regexp-inverse)
#+END_SRC

* toggle "skip timestamp if done"

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(require 'org-agenda)
(defun toggle-org-agenda-skip-timestamp-if-done ()
  (interactive)
  (cond ((eq org-agenda-skip-timestamp-if-done nil)
         (setq org-agenda-skip-timestamp-if-done t))
        ((eq org-agenda-skip-timestamp-if-done t)
         (setq org-agenda-skip-timestamp-if-done nil)))
        (org-agenda-redo))
(org-defkey org-agenda-mode-map [?\C-=]
'toggle-org-agenda-skip-timestamp-if-done)
#+END_SRC

{{{ Brady }}}

I am self-proclaimed newb, so if anyone has any org-defaults suggestions
or coding style, please let me know. (Learning "autoloads" is on my
list, so maybe that is one thing, but I recently installed a new linux,
and Emacs is opening super fast.)