Re: [O] Possible bug - shifting headline - hashmark and what follows is

From: Brian van den Broek
Subject: Re: [O] Possible bug - shifting headline - hashmark and what follows is considered part of headline that is shifted
Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 12:30:07 -0400

On May 23, 2014 12:02 PM, "Charles Millar" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Bastien,
>
> Bastien wrote:
>>
>> Hi Charles,
>>
>> Charles Millar <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> If I attempt to move headline 2b above 2a (M-up)
>>>
>>> * 1
>>> ** 2a
>>> ** 2b
>>>
>>> #  LocalWords:  XXXXXXXX YYYYYYYY
>>>
>>> the result is
>>>
>>> * 1
>>> ** 2b
>>>
>>> #  LocalWords:  XXXXXXXX YYYYYYYYY
>>> ** 2a
>>

>> Yes, #  LocalWords:  XXXXXXXX YYYYYYYYY is part of the ** 2b headline.
>>
> Should it be as such, since # LocalWords since it is associated with ispell/flyspell and really has nothing to do with headline ** 2b?
>
> Of course what I neglected to mention was that I would expect, which would be
>
> * 1
> ** 2b
> ** 2a
>
> #  LocalWords:  XXXXXXXX YYYYYYYYY
>
> Regards,
> Charlie

Hi Charlie and all,

As I understand the parsing of an org file, if you have a heading of level n, everything below it until a heading of level m, m < n, is it its subtree. Org doesn't know that you want that line at the bottom of buffer (say) and not associated with the current headline and current active subtrees.

Many of my org files have a final top level config headline to hold various in-buffer settings. Would that work for your case?

Best,

Brian vdB