Re: [O] Beamer export: vertical alignment of columns on a slide

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Beamer export: vertical alignment of columns on a slide
Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 09:57:02 +0100

On Friday, 23 May 2014 at 10:02, Vikas Rawal wrote:
> I have a slide with two columns, each having an unordered list of
> items. The two lists are of different height (different number
> items). Vertically, they are aligned in the middle. How can I align
> them to the top?
>
> Vikas

>From the beamer manual, in the section "Structuring a Frame", there is
an example of vertically aligning columns.  This is done by adding the
option [t] to the \begin{columns} directive.

By the way, I think the default behaviour is affected by the theme you
choose but I'm not entirely sure whether this is true or how...

In any case, I do not know how to get this option passed through from
org.  You can specify options (with BEAMER_opt property) for individual
elements such as frames and individual columns but I haven't seen a
directive that would allow one to specify an option for an implicitly
generated LaTeX directive such as a columns environment.  Maybe Nicolas
can jump in here...?

Secondly, I find that [t] doesn't always work as nicely as it should so
I often end up putting \vspace*{} directives directly in the org and
sometimes \vfill.

HTH,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.4.50.2, Org release_8.2.6-1021-g2ce78e