Re: [O] Can I create an agenda sorted manually keeping its order at refr

From: M
Subject: Re: [O] Can I create an agenda sorted manually keeping its order at refresh?
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 03:32:09 +0200

> Von: Bastien <address@hidden>
> Datum: Tue, 20 May 2014 18:14:28 +0200
>> I'd like to create an agenda view which is sorted manually so that I
>> can put the things on the agenda in the order like I want to act on
>> them and preserve this order even if the agenda is rebuilt or closed
>> and created again.
>>
>> Is that possible already?
>
> Nope -- this would require to store information about this manual
> sorting *somewhere* when the agenda view is not present, i.e. in the
> headlines themselves, or in a place where we would put meta-data about
> the agenda views.
>
> The manual sorting is really for temporary convenience.

Hi Bastien,

thanks for your answer.
Could it be possible to ignore the predefined sorting order when refreshing
an existing agenda?

I just wondered what I do before refreshing ans why I do the refresh:
Some tasks on the list might have been done and should disappear, some might
be postponed by changing their SCHEDULED or DEADLINE date into the future
ans should disappear from the view after refresh.

Background: I have a block agenda with the tasks I should do at a certain
day, but sometimes (no: nearly always) there are too many, so that it is
overwhelming. They are sorted by priority and by a timestamp in several
blocks, but sometimes it would be nice to just set them manually in a
specific order which makes more sense (but I do not want to change the
priority flags).

Another alternative could be to
1) mark those tasks I want to sort manually for doing them first (with a tag
or a flag/star - does that exist in org-mode?)
2a) create a new agenda which collects only those marked tasks
3a) sort it manually (which leads to the same problem as above)

or
2a) create a temporary buffer whith headings that contain a hyperlink to
those marked tasks
3a) manually rearrange those headings

Kind regards

Martin