Re: [O] Archive subtree with parent structure

From: Florian Lindner
Subject: Re: [O] Archive subtree with parent structure
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 12:24:41 +0200

Am 18.04.2014 13:36, schrieb Bastien:
Hi Florian,

Florian Lindner <address@hidden> writes:

is it possible to org-archive-subtree a subtree and keep the entire
parent structure? e.g.

* A
** AA
** AB
** AC

AB will be archived to:

* A
** AB

No, but each subtree can contain an :ARCHIVE: property that will help
you come close to this.

For example:

* A
  :PROPERTIES:
  :ARCHIVE: basement_archive::* A
  :END

** AA
** AB
** AC

then C-c $ on AA AB and AC will archive them under the * A subtree
of the basement_archive file.

Hey,

sorry for that reply after a long time.

Problem is that this kind of archivement does not fit my workflow. I tend to archive small pieces of a project's subtree long before I'm ready to archive the entire project. This way I build (want to build) an archived mirror of the project's subtree bit by bit.

Do you know what is the appropriate place to file such an feature as a whishlist item? M-x org-submit-bug-report RET ?

Thx,
Florian