[O] still seeing semi-regular lockups

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: [O] still seeing semi-regular lockups
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 16:39:24 +0800

Hey there,

After Nicolas made the last round of improvements to the caching
mechanism I got far fewer hangs with Org, but they are still happening.
Maybe once a day or so, on average, editing something in an Org buffer
causes emacs to hang, and my fans to spin up, and there we are until I
kill emacs.

It happens often enough that I guess it's worth running emacs under some
kind of debugger -- at least, I assume that's the best way of catching
the bug. I'm not really sure how to go hunting, though, so if anyone had
any advice in this direction, that would be great.

In the meantime, is there any way of interrupting emacs so it quits
whatever its doing, without having to kill it? I've played around with
sending different signals using "kill", just for fun, but everything
I've tried either does nothing, or kills emacs altogether.

Cheers,
Eric