Re: [O] re - Symbol's function definition is void: function-put

From: Sharon Kimble
Subject: Re: [O] re - Symbol's function definition is void: function-put
Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 15:58:32 +0100

On Fri, 9 May 2014 15:34:51 +0100
Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:

> Sharon,
>
> Nicolas Richard has pointed you to the reason for this
> problem.  Re-installing all your packages will not help if the
> loaddefs in org has been generated using Emacs >=24.5.
>
> Your best bet is to 1. remove the ELPA version of org, 2. download org
> directly from orgmode.org, 3. unzip it wherever you want and 4. add
> (add-to-list 'load-path "wherever you put org/lisp") to your .emacs or
> whatever initialisation file before you customise org's behaviour.
>
> By the way, you shouldn't break threads.  It would make things easier
> if you followed up on previous emails that belong to the thread...
Eric.
The first email about this came from gnus with no problem, but now I'm
unable to load gnus, so am forced to send from claws-mail. I am totally
unable to follow up on the original thread for the reason that I've
just explained.

I'm now back on 24.3.90.1 and just reinstalling all the major packages
I need, and finding out exactly what I do use and what can be left out.
And that some of my favourite packages - org2blog, and tabbar - are no
longer in the ELPA repos, which is a shame. Luckily I've still got
them so they can be added back in quite easily to the elpa directory.

Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
Debian testing, Fluxbox 1.3.5, emacs 24.3.90.1