Re: [O] [ANN] Gnorb: Glue code between Gnus, Org, and BBDB

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] Gnorb: Glue code between Gnus, Org, and BBDB
Date: Fri, 09 May 2014 13:15:37 +0200

Hello Eric,

On 2014-05-07 03:23, Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:

> I've spent the past couple weeks organizing various bits of code into a
> proper package, called Gnorb, which I'm billing as "Glue code between
> Gnus, Org, and BBDB". The main point is to reduce friction between these
> three packages, making it easier to sling around emails, TODOs,
> attachments, and the like, and providing multiple views on information.
>
> https://github.com/girzel/gnorb

I've read through the README and it looks very nice. I've installed
a few functions in my init file to learn to work with them, but in the
meantime I have a few questions.

> - Treat headings as email-related TODOs, and handle them DWIM-style

I usually avoid putting links in my tasks. For instance, the task
I generated from your email to the list looks like this:

  **** TODO Reply to this when I will have tried gnorb                 :@fun:
   [2014-05-07 Wed 11:25]

  [[gnus:address@hidden from Eric Abrahamsen: {O} {ANN} Gnorb: Glue code bet
(Wed, 07 May 2014 09:23:54 +0800)]]

Would it be difficult to handle such emails when the link is inside the
TODO, instead of in the heading?

I can of course change my capture format. I'm just wondering why you
prefer to have the link in the mail.

Regarding your daily flow, it seems that bbdb is very central to how you
work. Do you simply use it as a backend linked to the agenda view, or do
you often navigate your bbdb records? If you ever have the time to write
or do a screencast of your work flow, I would be most interested in
learning more about it.

Thanks again,

Alan