Re: [O] Insert #+BEAMER_HEADER_EXTRA before \begin{document}?

From: Andreas Leha
Subject: Re: [O] Insert #+BEAMER_HEADER_EXTRA before \begin{document}?
Date: Thu, 08 May 2014 20:55:19 +0100

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thursday,  8 May 2014 at 15:38, Sebastien Vauban wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> The above things are currently (almost, for some) impossible.  Changing
>> where the #+BEAMER_HEADER placeholder gets inserted makes them possible
>> and easy.
>
> but unfortunately would make other things more difficult.  For instance,
> I often redefine the date command (and sometimes title and author) to do
> something different.  If the header entries were placed after the use of
> theses, things would break for me.

Couldn't you use #+LATEX_HEADER for that sort of thing, then?

> I think the creation of an ...EXTRA directive would be better but I've
> argued for this before and have lost that argument.

I agree here.  Why not make that more transparent and
have #+LATEX_HEADER and #+LATEX_HEADER_END as well as #+BEAMER_HEADER
and #+BEAMER_HEADER_END ?

> You can achieve what you want by redefining \title, I would
> suggest.  Not pretty but it works.

(Isn't that true for your use case of redefining date, too?)

And last but not least:  I think the particular use case of adding a
short title to a beamer presentation is common enough to deserve proper
org mode support.

Regards,
Andreas