Re: [O] can I disable LaTeX fragment previews individually?

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] can I disable LaTeX fragment previews individually?
Date: Wed, 07 May 2014 19:41:39 -0400

Stephen J. Barr <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I often use org-preview-latex-fragment and sometimes I would like to
> turn the previews on and off on a case-by-case basis. Then I do C-c C-c,
> it turns off all the previews. Is there a way to toggle the preview just
> for the fragment at the point?

No built-in way afaict: C-c C-c calls the following function

,----
| (defun org-remove-latex-fragment-image-overlays ()
|   "Remove all overlays with LaTeX fragment images in current buffer."
|   (mapc 'delete-overlay org-latex-fragment-image-overlays)
|   (setq org-latex-fragment-image-overlays nil))
`----

which maps delete-overlay over *all* the elements of the
org-latex-fragment-image-overlays list.

Figuring our which overlay in that list is the one you want to delete
may or may not be easy, but if you knew then you can call
delete-overlay on it. But you'll have to write some lisp.

Nick