Re: [O] How to generate an index?

From: Ken Mankoff
Subject: Re: [O] How to generate an index?
Date: Wed, 07 May 2014 11:01:50 -0400

Hi Sharon,

> * Things not working properly
> - I can't find how to get the title, author and date on a page of
> their own.
> - I can't find how to get "references" showing in the table of
> contents.
> - The index is working with the default of 2 columns, but I want the
> page numbers to all be aligned to the right. I haven't yet found how
> to do it.
>
> Can anyone help with any, or all, of the three problems I've just
> outlined please? Apart from those its working well :)

These are all LaTeX issues, not Org issues.

Have you tried searching on https://tex.stackexchange.com/ They are very
helpful there, and all of these questions are answered there.

https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/29440/how-can-i-get-maketitle-to-create-a-separate-title-page-with-the-article-class
https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/8458/making-the-bibliography-appear-in-the-table-of-contents

Etc.

I suggest you work outside of Org in pure LaTeX to solve these
issues. Then try to get everything working in Org. One step at a time.

  -k.