Re: [O] First attempt at exporting to PDF.

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] First attempt at exporting to PDF.
Date: Mon, 5 May 2014 17:47:16 +0100

On Saturday,  3 May 2014 at 16:55, Sharon Kimble wrote:

[...]

> Secondly, none of my bibliographic references show in the pdf except
> as "?", although I cite them like this
> males have more testosterone \cite{6}.
> which correlates with this -
> @Article{,

Your problem (both in this email and in the other thread you have
started related to bibtex) is that you have not given the bibtex entry a
label.  This is the bit that goes between the "{" and the "," in the
line above and is what is used to "cite" the article in LaTeX.

You should have something like this:

  @Article{paperbyjoebloggs2014,
  [...]
  }

which you then refer to in your LaTeX with \cite{paperbyjoebloggs2014}.

If you sort this out, you will find that everything else should be fine
(given the various emails in this and the other thread).

>   author =             {MacRae K. Pattison J.},
>   title =              {Home chemotherapy.},
>   journaltitle = {Nursing Times},
>   ALTyear =    {2002},
>   OPTkey =             {6},
>   OPTvolume =          {98},
>   OPTnumber =          {35},
>   OPTpages =   {34-35},

I assume you have been using bibtex mode in Emacs to define these?  If
so, you need to C-c C-c on each entry to get rid of the OPT bit
automatically.  The actual entries are key, volume, number and pages...

HTH,
eric
--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.4.50.2, Org release_8.2.6-923-g233c11