Re: [O] exporting α/β to latex/pdf

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] exporting α/β to latex/pdf
Date: Sun, 4 May 2014 23:42:18 +0200

On Sun, May 04, 2014 at 04:13:45PM +0100, Sharon Kimble wrote:
> I have these two symbols showing in my org-mode buffer with no
> problems
> ╭────
> │ alpha (ER-α) and beta (ER-β)
> ╰────
>
> but they are not exported to latex/pdf. How then can I do so please?

The easiest solution is to use a modern TeX engine like XeTeX or LuaTeX
along with a font with the required glyphs.  I personally use XeTeX with
Linux libertine fonts.  You can find my setup here:

<https://github.com/suvayu/.emacs.d/blob/master/org-mode-config.el#L176>

Feel free to ask if anything is unclear.

Cheers,

--
Suvayu