Re: [O] [ANN] Firefox extension for org-protocol and org-capture

From: AW
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] Firefox extension for org-protocol and org-capture
Date: Sun, 04 May 2014 14:57:16 +0200

Am Freitag, 21. Februar 2014, 15:06:11 schrieb Olivier Schwander:
> Dear list,
>
> I would like to announce the first version of an extension to
> call org-capture through org-protocol from Firefox:
>  - http://chadok.info/firefox-org-capture/
>
> It just does the same thing as the Javascript bookmarklet but without
> the need to register the scheme org-protocol:// in Firefox/Gnome/KDE/XDG
> (or whatever we are supposed to do this week to manage handler for
> protocols). I hope this solution to be easier and more reliable, at
> least for Firefox users.
>
> It is not on https://addons.mozilla.org for now, but I will submit it
> for review in a few days.
>
> Olivier

Olivier,

would you mind to add an example what to do with your addon? "It just does the
same thing as the Javascript bookmarklet" implies that I know the purpose of
this or org-protocol. Unfortunately I have no idea and reading the
explanations of org-protocol does not help much.

So: What can your addon do for a user of firefox and orgmode?

Thank you!

Regards,
Alexander