Re: [O] Heading vs Headline

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] Heading vs Headline
Date: Sat, 03 May 2014 19:04:49 +0800

Sebastien Vauban <address@hidden>
writes:

> Hello,
>
> Particularly in the Org Beamer documentation, headlines seems the most
> used term while there is a tag "ignoreheading"...
>
> I have the impression that both terms (heading and headline) are
> synonyms. Though, is this true, or is there some subtle nuance?
>
> Best regards,
>   Seb

I've had the same confusion before, and have ended up trying to stick to
"heading". Having worked in journalism, "headline" has very definite
associations for me. "Heading" is seen in other equivalent contexts,
like Latex, but so is "header". "Header" stomps on the toes of
email/HTML/HTTP, though, so I come back to "heading"...

Two cents,
Eric