Re: [O] [bug] Org-verbatim and org-code not converted into HTML tags

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] [bug] Org-verbatim and org-code not converted into HTML tags
Date: Fri, 02 May 2014 14:51:09 +0200

Hi Bastien,

Bastien wrote:
> Sebastien Vauban writes:
>
>> Though, there are extra diffs in my HTML output, about the style of the
>> org-block delimiter lines: they've lost their "under/over-line" feature,
>> and colors are not the same anymore.
>
> Can you bisect to spot the first bad commit, and tell exactly
> what's bad here from an emacs -Q point of view?

It took me a while to understand what was going on.  But I did.

See http://screencast.com/t/1peLgaZ7.

The "styling" bug is present in all latest Emacs versions, and relates
to the Emacs bug #16440 ("Some colors of the theme aren't respected in
latest Emacs"):

  ╭──── From: Eli Zaretskii
  │
  │ This seems to be the consequence of the change described in NEWS like
  │ this:
  │
  │   *** Face specs set via Custom themes now replace the `defface' spec
  │   rather than inheriting from it (as do face specs set via Customize).
  │
  │ Org uses org-copy-face to define the faces that you show in your
  │ screencast, and org-copy-face assumes the face it inherits from
  │ already exists.  But loading a theme now doesn't create the faces, it
  │ only prepares the data for when the face will be created.  So :inherit
  │ in org-copy-face doesn't do what you expect.
  │
  │ I guess either some change is needed in how themes are handled, or
  │ org-copy-face needs to change to follow suit.  (CC to Bastien for
  │ that.)
  ╰────

See http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=16440 for the whole
thread.