Re: [O] Contacts/Resources/People

From: Alexander Baier
Subject: Re: [O] Contacts/Resources/People
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 19:55:36 +0200

On 2014-04-30 18:28 Sungmin wrote:
> Julien Danjou have made contacts.el, might to be a better fit.

If you are referring to org-contacts than this might just be your
solution. Or at least the best way possible to integrate your contacts
with other org-related things.

With org-contacts your address book is just a plain old org-mode
formatted file, where headlines with a certain property (the default is
EMAIL I think) are treated as contacts. For example:

#+begin_src org
* Person A
  :PROPERTIES:
  :EMAIL: address@hidden
  :END:
** Notes Meeting
- foo
- bar...

* Person B
  :PROPERTIES:
  :EMAIL: address@hidden
  :END:
#+end_src

As you can see, notes are easily added as you are just editing your
plain old org-file. Adding people to a certain event may just be as
simple as linking to the headline corresponding to the person. About
tracking time, there should be functionality for this built in - I am no
expert there.

HTH,
--
Alexander Baier