[O] Bug: TAB cycling and narrowing to subtree [8.2.6 (release_8.2.6-903-

From: Nicolas Richard
Subject: [O] Bug: TAB cycling and narrowing to subtree [8.2.6 (release_8.2.6-903-ga1b4d9 @ /home/youngfrog/sources/org-mode/lisp/)]
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 12:12:04 +0200

Hi,

With the following file named /tmp/test.org
#+BEGIN_SRC org
  ,* love is
  all you need
  ,* in the air
#+END_SRC
Run
: emacs -q -L /path/to/org/lisp/ -l org /tmp/test.org -f org-version
I get:
: Org-mode version 8.2.6 (release_8.2.6-6-gfc37d1 @ /path/to/org/lisp/)
then narrow to subtree C-x n s and hit TAB to open the subtree : the
last 'd' (of the word "need") is kept hidden and replaced by
org-ellipsis.

If, instead, you first hit TAB (to open the subtree), then narrow to subtree
and hit TAB again to fold, you get "* love is" followed by
org-ellipsis followed by 'd' on the same line. The 'd' shouldn't be there.

Not exactly a terrible bug, but I usually find it distracting. If
org-cycle-separator-lines is non-zero it is possible to work around the
problem by adding blank lines at the end of subtrees. (It is 2 --the
default-- in the above example, but I like to set it to 0.)

IIUC, the problem amounts to the fact that TAB cycling is not working well
with buffers that don't end with a newline.

--
Nico.