[O] org-store-link dired and files with spaces

From: Bart Bunting
Subject: [O] org-store-link dired and files with spaces
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 12:18:16 +1000

Hi everyone,

I'm having an issue with storing links to files with spaces in their
names.

If I visit a dired buffer, use c-c l to store the link of the file under
point and then in an org buffer c-c c-l to insert it.

I find that the file can not be opened from within the org buffer as org
appears to not recognize spaces in the file name and only sees the
filename as the part up until the first space.

An example of a link that does not work:

[[file:resumes/Sandeep%20Salwan%20Satellite%20network%20engineer%20Cover%20Letter.doc][file:resumes/Sandeep
 Salwan Satellite network engineer Cover Letter.doc]]

I don't quite understand why the first part of the link (the
description) is url encoded but not the latter part?

Kind regards
Bart
--

Bart Bunting