Re: [O] Can ELPA package split contrib part?

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: Re: [O] Can ELPA package split contrib part?
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 10:46:03 -0400

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

Hello, Bastien, all!

>> While I use "org-plus-contrib" package from orgmode ELPA,
>> With other package which requires (updated) "org", it isn't
>> recognized as I expect.
> You should really not have both installed, I'd recommend using
> `org-plus-contrib' only.
> If that's not feasible because of some compatibility constraint
> you have, then use git or the .tar.gz/.zip archives, it's easy
> enough.

I find that the following snippet seems to load Org fine even if I'm
mixing org-plus-contrib (which is needed for some of the other Org
packages like org-drill-table) with Org from git:

;; Set up load path, but don't actually load packages yet
(package-initialize nil)
;; Override the packages with the git version of Org and other packages
(add-to-list 'load-path "~/elisp/org-mode/lisp")
(add-to-list 'load-path "~/elisp/org-mode/contrib/lisp")
;; Load the rest of the packages
(package-initialize t)

Sacha