[O] babel and long-running computations

From: Christoph Groth
Subject: [O] babel and long-running computations
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 10:45:50 +0200

Dear all,

I’m considering the use of org-babel for “reproducible science”.  Is
anyone successfully using org-babel for research that involves
calculations that typically take a few minutes up to several hours on a
single CPU (i.e. up to a few minutes on a cluster)?  It seems to me that
currently org-babel is not well suited for such an usage profile, but
I’d love to be taught otherwise.

Many thanks,
Christoph