Re: [O] Recording results of TODO items

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] Recording results of TODO items
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 10:27:05 +0800

William Kunkel <address@hidden> writes:

> Is there a standard way to record the outcomes of certain TODO items?
> For example, I had a TODO item to research and come to a decision
> about part of the architecture of a software project I'm starting,
> and I'd like to record the result of that TODO item, that is, the
> decision that I made. I found "closing notes" for TODO items, but
> that's an option that applies to all TODO items and seems more
> intended for brief remarks (to me, at least). Is using the closing
> notes functionality my best bet, or is there something better?
>
> Thanks,
> Will

I do usually use the logging/notes functionality, but if you need more
text, why not just make it the body of the TODO? A TODO is a heading
like any other, you can just put a description of the outcome underneath
it. If that gets unwieldy, separate the bits into multiple sub-headings,
and/or make the TODO itself one smaller part of a larger TODO.