Re: [O] Trouble with Tables and Python

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Trouble with Tables and Python
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 18:46:18 -0400

Martin Schöön <address@hidden> writes:

> ...  Let's move over to the third example file and the real
> mystery. This all my own code. Reading data from the first table works
> just fine and the same goes for the calculations. The output table,
> however, is different from that of example 2. The 'wrapper' is gone
> but each row is starting with ": ". Where does that come from? Why
> does it differ from example 2? If my results differ from someone
> else's (different install/versions etc) -- OK. But how can I get
> differences like this on my own? To my  un-trained eyes the print
> statements of examples 2 and 3 look very similar. (But, the first
> things that go blind are the eyes... probably something blatantly
> obvious once pointed out to me.)

2) and 3) are exactly the same thing (see section 11.3, "Literal
examples" in the org manual.)

The only difference is the length of the output - short output is
prepended by a colon, long output is wrapped in
#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE/#+END_EXAMPLE. What is short and what is long is
determined by the value of org-babel-min-lines-for-block-output
(default: 10) which you can customize.

--
Nick