Re: [O] Multiple Recursive Directories with org-agenda-files

From: Julian M. Burgos
Subject: Re: [O] Multiple Recursive Directories with org-agenda-files
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 09:43:43 +0100

Hi Esben,

I use find-lisp-find-files.  I have the following in my .emacs file:

;;------------------------------------------------------------------------------
;; Load org agenda files
;;------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(load-library "find-lisp")

(add-hook 'org-agenda-mode-hook (lambda ()
(setq org-agenda-files
      (find-lisp-find-files "/home/julian/Documents" "\.org$"))
))

With this when I do C-c a, all the *.org files in my Documents directory
get added into the agenda.

According to this
http://archive.today/7McXW#selection-9101.0-9101.4

If you are on a Linux machine you can use the find utility, which can be
faster that the lisp library:

(setq org-agenda-files
      (mapcar 'abbreviate-file-name
              (split-string
               (shell-command-to-string "find ~/org -name \"*.org\"")
      "\n")))

I have not tried it though... but I may do it now.

I hope this helps.

Julian

--
Julian Mariano Burgos, PhD
Hafrannsóknastofnun/Marine Research Institute