Re: [O] Shortcut to file

From: Chris Henderson
Subject: Re: [O] Shortcut to file
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 12:09:56 +1000

Looks like org-insert-link doesn't have any tab completion feature to list files on the system. How do I get that?

I can tab complete file+sys: but then can't do ~/directory/file.txt

Thanks.

On Sun, Mar 16, 2014 at 3:31 PM, Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> wrote:
Chris Henderson <address@hidden> writes:

> Is there any way to quickly add a file's location rather than typing
> the whole file://path/to/location. The files are mostly freemind or
> libreoffice calc/ word files.
>
> If the file or the directory is not there, it can also be created
> from within org easily.
>
> Thanks

Are these links to files? You can use `org-insert-link' with a prefix
argument, to get the usual find-file interface, and a link inserted once
you've found it.