Re: [O] .emacs (init.el) on Dropbox: Ho to access it?

From: Jorge A. Alfaro Murillo
Subject: Re: [O] .emacs (init.el) on Dropbox: Ho to access it?
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 13:37:26 -0400

On 1/18/14, 1:44 PM, Renato wrote:
> Hi,
> I use org mode on two pc:
> - windows (from work)
> - Debian (at home)
>
> How can have just one .emacs/init.el file?
>
> I would store the file on a Dropbox folder that I access from both
> devices.

I have several machines and just one .emacs file in Dropbox. I use symbolic links to it in each computer in ~/.emacs

From the terminal do:
ln -s /path/to/your/Dropbox/.emacs ~/.emacs

I assume windows works the same. If not then put in your windows .emacs a single line with:

(load-file /path/to/your/Dropbox/.emacs)

Best,

Jorge.