Re: [O] Example text and source code in agenda - orgmanual.org typo

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Example text and source code in agenda - orgmanual.org typo
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2014 21:31:43 +0200

Hello,

address@hidden (Thomas S. Dye) writes:

> When I was working on the project I hoped the Org mode developers would
> choose to "eat their own dog food" (as Carsten put it to me) and prepare
> the texinfo and other documentation with Org mode source.  Of course,
> that hope was based on considerable naivete and an imperfect
> understanding of how Org mode is connected with the rest of the Emacs
> world.

FWIW, I still think it would be good to have our documentation in our
home-made format.

Of course, there's the problem of backporting documentation fixes coming
from Emacs developers, but we might find volunteers to take care of it.
Also, it doesn't happen very frequently.

There may be other road blocks that I'm not aware of, but if there is
none, I suggest to think about the feasibility of this project again.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou