[O] [OT] Don't use BibTeX! (was: Images not showing up in PDF output)

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: [O] [OT] Don't use BibTeX! (was: Images not showing up in PDF output)
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2014 21:33:24 +0200

Dnia 2014-04-05, o godz. 09:46:39
Richard Lawrence <address@hidden> napisaƂ(a):

> I have sometimes run into problems (mostly with BibTeX) when the

Sorry for being off-topic, but I can't resist: *please* *don't* *use*
*BibTeX*.  On the scale of "tools that solve problems" vs. "tools that
create problems" (cf. http://xkcd.com/1343/ ;)), it is located on the
far right.  (For instance, to be able to customize its bibliography
style, you could (a) give up, (b) use some user-friendly (or not)
front-end, having less power than BibTeX itself (obviously!), or (c)
learn BibTeX's own, very peculiar, stack-based ad-hoc language grown to
describe bibliography styles.  Not good.  Also, if you're unlucky and
you write in some non-English language, well, you're unlucky with
BibTeX, especially if e.g. your name starts with a non-Latin letter.
Etc.)

Use biblatex instead.  It's more modern, it's being supported, it
knowns that there exist things like UTF-8 and non-English languages,
it supports more citation styles etc.

> Best,
> Richard

Best,