Re: [O] Using Emacs Org-mode on a server with ssh on an iPad

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Using Emacs Org-mode on a server with ssh on an iPad
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 10:31:43 +0100

On Wednesday,  2 Apr 2014 at 14:10, Pere Quintana SeguĂ­ wrote:
> As I mentioned in a previous message, I recently bought an iPad.
>
> I'm considering the possibility to not use Mobileorg and use Emacs on a
> server (Digital Ocean) with an ssh client and a bluetooth keyboard.
>
> Is anyone using Emacs and org-mode this way regularly? Which ssh client
> are you using? Which bluetooth keyboard?

I have done this in the past, not from any iXXX product but from a Nokia
N900 which has a keyboard so I cannot answer your specific questions.

However, the one recommendation I would make is that, if you can, you
should run emacs within screen or byobu on the host so that
disconnections keep the emacs instance running.  I found it quite useful
to have that emacs running continuously while I was out and about.

Now I simply carry an OpenPandora palmtop running emacs 24 and org with
me at all times!

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.4.50.2, Org release_8.2.5h-881-g957177