Re: [O] Prepare release 8.2.6

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] Prepare release 8.2.6
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2014 11:05:23 +0200

Hi Bastien,

Bastien wrote:
> I'll try to fix a few remaining bugs in maint this afternoon then
> release 8.2.6 so that we can merge it into Emacs emacs-24 branch, the
> pretest is scheduled to happen as soon as possible.
>
> If you have important bugs you want us to look at, now is the time to
> point at them.

As already mentioned before, I'd advocate trying to solve the following
2 bugs before merging back into Emacs:

- #16440: Some colors of the theme aren't respected in latest Emacs
- #15298: Background color lost when highlighting a string

As well, I don't know whether this is an Org or an Emacs problem, but
I can crash Emacs 24.3.50.1 (r114715, for the sake of completeness)
quite easily when capturing an Org item. Reported to Emacs as bug
#16780.

I retested it this morning with an up-to-date Org. Note that the same
capture process does not crash on the current Emacs I do use (Emacs
24.4.50.1, r116906 of 2014-03-30)... But would it crash for Org users in
the wild (using different Emacs versions)?

Thanks,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban