Re: [O] A file with 'org-mode rot'?

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Re: [O] A file with 'org-mode rot'?
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 12:40:29 +0200

Hello Sharon!

* Sharon Kimble <address@hidden> wrote:

> Has '2014.org' got "org-mode rot", so many hidden commands of change of
> org-mode functionality still within its meta-post that it makes the whole f=
> ile
> difficult to work with? I know that org-mode files are just plain text
> formatted in a certain way that emacs recognises and then performs certain
> predestined actions on, but somehow this file is slowing down in its
> interactions with the rest of emacs.
>
> So how can I keep a file 'healthy' and working well over many months please?

I am facing "weird" things as well. Mainly performance drop when
doing (very) simple things like adding | in front of a table line,
changing to the next table column, marking tasks as DONE, archiving
tasks, and so on.

I have no idea how to debug those issues since the profiler-report
does not seem to look strange.

This is why I asked here for an Org-mode syntax checker a couple of
days ago. There does not seem to exist such a thing.

I am afraid, that I have to do the painful task of commenting out
separate sections of my Org-mode configuration (2000 lines) and
check whether or not the behavior changes.

--
mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML to Org-mode:

https://github.com/novoid/extract_pdf_annotations_to_orgmode + more on github