Re: [O] Generate a table of contents without exporting

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] Generate a table of contents without exporting
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2014 00:32:55 +0200

RG Williams <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
> I know you can generate a table of contents when exporting, but can you do
> it just within org? For context, I'm uploading an .org file to github and I
> don't need to export it to another format because github recognizes and
> displays it just fine. It's long so a ToC would be nice. Do I just have to
> write it myself?

Calling

,--------------------------
| M-x org-org-export-as-org
`--------------------------

on this org buffer

#+begin_src org

* A
** A1
** A2
* B
** B1
** B2
#+end_src

yields this

,---------------------------------
| # Created 2014-04-01 Di 00:28
| #+TITLE: tmp<7>
| #+AUTHOR: Thorsten Jolitz
|
| * A
| ** A1
| ** A2
|
| * B
| ** B1
| ** B2
|
| # Emacs 24.3.1 (Org mode 8.2.5h)

so unfortunately exporting with toc does not seem to be implemented in
ox-org.el, but maybe you'll get better advice.

--
cheers,
Thorsten