Re: [O] Proposal to replace the prefix repetition with whitespace during

From: Charles Berry
Subject: Re: [O] Proposal to replace the prefix repetition with whitespace during expansion of noweb references
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2014 15:30:40 +0000 (UTC)

Pontus Michael <m.pontus <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I would like to propose a change to the behavior of noweb expansion in
> relation to prefix handling.
[snip]

> I recommend to introduce a change that will replace the inserted prefix
> with whitespace of equal length.

[snip]

The behavior you desire can be obtained by using the

     <<code-block-name(optional arguments)>>

idiom for noweb. For example, with a suitably crafted block called
'my-noweb', this reference

    <<my-noweb( "(concat", "foo", ")" )>>

would expand just as you want. You can use the functions
org-babel-goto-named-src-block  and org-babel-get-src-block-info to achieve
this.

Multiple noweb references might be handled as well by delimiting the second
argument, e.g. "foo,bar".

---

Revising the behavior of the existing code base might break code
that folks have written that depend on the current behavior.

HTH,

Chuck